Saturday, July 12, 2008

I finally got it!!

When i first posted about loading Ubuntu Hardy Heron I said that one problem I had was connecting my Netgear SC101 to my new linux box. This is where I store all my important files like a million mp3's, videos, old files from various PC's, resumes, whatever. I really wanted to have a connection.

One thing I noticed was that it was dirt simple to use windows networking from my linux box, much easier than when it was an all windows network, go figure.

It finally occurred to me that the SC101 drives look just like regular hdd's to windows. They even have a sharing item on the right click menu. I shared the network drives and looked from my linux box and there they are!!!

All my problems are solved ;-)

Next I have to get my webcam working.

No comments: